Our COVID-19 Actions
The safety and security of our guests and staff are our highest priority. Maintaining a clean, safe, and inviting property has always been our focus. We are monitoring the advice of the Center for Disease Control regarding the spread of the virus. We want to inform you of actions we are taking here at Abingdon Manor of those needing to travel through the area.
- We replaced all the mattress and pillow covers with zippered vinyl ones which can be sanitized.
- We have removed decorative covers, pillows and extraneous reading materials from the guest rooms.
- We have implemented enhanced sanitizing practices and are sanitizing all hard surfaces including remote controls, doorknobs, light switches, handrails, chair backs, portfolios, etc. daily.
- Guest rooms are cleaned and chemically sanitized when guests check out; a second sanitizing is done using a UVC Germicidal Lamp in the guest room; and finally a third chemical sanitizing is done before guest check in by a different person.
- All bed linens including blankets are washed using the highest temperature.
- Our staff is aware that they need to be vigilant in monitoring their health and are to remain at home if they develop any symptoms. They are also aware of best practices including continual hand washing and wearing protective gloves. No staff, member of their families or friends have had the virus.
- Using a non-touch forehead thermometer we take each staff member temperature each day as well as anyone entering the building including each guest.
- Touchless hand sanitizing is at the front desk for each guest to use upon check-in and throughout their stay.
Our guest rooms and common areas are spacious and allow guests to maintain adequate “social distance” and since we only have seven guest rooms, our inn is not crowded and we do not have high volumes of travelers at any given time.
Our normal 72-hour cancellation policy is suspended and you can cancel the day of your reservation if necessary.
Private Dinner Service
Although the dining room is closed we are offering our fine dining service for overnight guests in their room. The five-course meal includes appetizer, demitasse of soup, salad with hot rolls, entrée (choice of filet of beef with classic French sauce or a French-style breast of chicken) and dessert. Cocktails and wines continue to be available before and with dinner. We will attempt to accommodate dietary restrictions, however we must know in advance.
We understand the anxieties of these uncertain times and want to assure you that we will continue to be the safe oasis in your travels.