Our COVID-19 Actions
The safety and security of our guests and staff are our highest priority. Maintaining a clean, safe and inviting property has always been our focus. We are monitoring the advice of the Center for Disease Control regarding the control of the virus. We want to inform you of actions we are taking here at Abingdon Manor of those needing to travel through the area. We participate in Select Registry's "Stay Safe, Stay Select" program based on recommendations by the CDC, US Travel, AHLA and other industry leaders.
DUE TO THE SURGE IN COVID CASES, ALL GUESTS VISITING ABINGDON MANOR MUST BE VACCINATED.
- the owners, housekeeping, maintenance and kitchen staff have been vaccinated;
- installed a new iWave Ion Air Purification system throughout the Inn;
- replaced all the mattress and pillow covers;
- removed decorative covers, pillows and extraneous reading materials from the guest rooms;
- implemented enhanced sanitizing practices and are sanitizing all hard surfaces including remote controls, doorknobs, light switches, handrails, chair backs, portfolios, etc. daily;
- implemented a triple sanitation process;
- guest rooms are cleaned and chemically sanitized when guests check out;
- a second sanitizing is done using a UVC Germicidal Lamp in the guest room;
- and finally a third chemical sanitizing is done before guest check in by a different person;
- began using the highest temperature to wash all bed linens including blankets;
- vigilantly monitored the health of our staff. Our staff is aware that they are to remain at home if they develop any symptoms. They are also aware of best practices including continual hand washing;
- began taking the temperature and oxygen saturation of everyone that enters the Inn including all staff members;
- provided hand sanitizing stations;
- limited guests to only 10 per night;
- enforced the wearing of masks;
- anticipated being closed to the general public and not hosting any events until late Summer 2021;
to ensure that we are providing accommodations in the safest and most healthy way possible.
Our guest rooms and common areas are spacious and allow guests to maintain adequate “social distance” and since we only have seven guest rooms, our inn is not crowded and we do not have high volumes of travelers at any given time.
Our normal 72-hour cancellation policy is suspended and you can cancel the day of your reservation if necessary.
Private Dinner Service
Although the dining room is closed to the public we are offering our fine dining service for overnight guests. The six-course meal includes appetizer, demitasse of soup, salad with hot rolls, sorbet, entrée (choice of filet of beef with classic French sauce or a French-style breast of chicken) and dessert. Cocktails and wines continue to be available before and with dinner. We will attempt to accommodate dietary restrictions, however we must know in advance.
We understand the anxieties of these uncertain times and want to assure you that we will continue to be the safe oasis in your travels.